Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The 14 Points of the Scout Law

Somedays, I wish I could change things, such as the Boy Scout Law. An Eagle myself, I live by those codes everyday- I was charged to do that. Despite the 12 promises of the Scout Law, the unspoken, "thirteenth" of my troop has always been "flexible." I've felt that recently, another one needs to be added. It has taken a backseat far too long- but that's what it's great at doing. You have to work at self-control in tandemn to master this code, with a healthy dose of prayer. It's what I've been doing for 5 1/2 years, waiting for what seems the impossible cure for these secondary seizures. You may fail, I failed. This isn't an easy apple to eat. Rushing headlong into something is an occurance I preform daily, not because I want to, but usually I have things so- so in my brain, and with my limited memory storage, I'm afraid it will be recycled. Have you figured it out yet? It's patience, and I see precious few using it. I said it wasn't an easy apple to eat, but consumable it is, and I hear it goes great with humble pie! But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments: