Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Energy Conservation

What I have to do to any overnight activity any more! It used to be so simple when I was in the Boy Scouts. But now it's like moving a boulder uphill in the Rockies, with a severe avalanche warning! I'm 300 mi. away from the life I knew, I've uncontrollable secondary seizures popping up everywhere that makes it hard for my parents to trust me, even to let me go on a walk, nevermind a one- day campout. Good thing I found a good Venture Crew in Sugar Land. That and school have made up 95% of my life down here. The overnight activity is with said Venture group, and it will be my first with this unit. When I think back on all 123 days of camping I did, I never thought I would run into this problem with the word, "energy." When I get tired and don't notice it, I push harder and faster, making more mistakes along the way. When you rest between activities, you find you have more energy at the end of the day.

No comments: