Flag Counter
free counters

Monday, March 10, 2008

Pure Breed

Sara. That's a name I'll never forget. It happens to be the name of my 3- year old Beagle. She was rescued from an animal shelter in Carrollton, Texas, and has lived with us through 3 moves, and 3 cities. She's white with black spots, brown eyes and brown head. She even licks me when I need to shave. But, the best part of all, is that this dog can sense when I'm having a seizure, and sticks by me through it. She likes to take naps with me, when I'm forced to stop my schoolwork for seizures- so that makes her my snugglebuddy. We're very close. Typical boy and dog. A few weeks ago, my family and I used our grill one night. The grill drew the local possum, and Sara was let out to do her business. The dog drove the possum off of the grill, but decided not to give chase. Eventually, though, dogs will be dogs, so she chased it into a low tree. That's when we think she had a mild heart attack. With 2 vet visits in the back window, we know that heart isn't producing enough red blood cells (Anemia), and she has Congenital Heart Disease. She barely has the strength to eat. The vet suggested a few things we could do to help her. We've decided to let her live out the rest of her days, comfortably. It's hard to see her like this, but one day, she'll in her Creator's hands. Don't forget that all dogs go to Heaven, too!

No comments: