Flag Counter
free counters

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pill-Bugs

As most of you know, I've been on a triad of anti-seizure meds, and have been so for most of my 5 1/2 year seizure career. Most folks have not tried the amount of epilepsy drugs I've taken, nor all the variations. I must have tried 7 or 8 anti- seizure meds, and combos of each up to three meds three times a day. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We're not talking little amounts of pills, but but huge amounts of pills in said dosages. I'm tempted not to mention all the variable drug reactions I've had. They range from nausea to and unsteadiness to sleepiness and apathy. I currently take 12 anti- seizure meds a day, and that's not counting all the medicines I still need to take. Oh, did I mention thatI still get seizures that leak through like a sieve? My doctor reassures me that if my seizures haven't stopped by now, they never will. I live in Houston, for crying out loud! This is Medical City U.S.A., or so they tell me! This calls for patience, understanding, and the hand of God. This is quite a difficult task with my Scotch- Irish temper, but it's still a work in progress. Oh, the fortunate majority, who have their seizures under control. I almost forgot what it was like to be free from this "thorn."

No comments: