Flag Counter
free counters

Friday, February 1, 2008

Inferno

What's been my biggest seizure ever? It was in May of last year. I was helping my dad sand some home-made bookshelves when I started in with it. Usually I can control the big ones, namely, the Grand Mals. This one, I couldn't. I felt as if my mind had lost control. Imagine your brain now, and then imagine it running 200% faster. On a scale of 1 to 5, this is 4.5- 5. Now, imagine that your brain is running 1000% faster, on a scale of 5.5+. Picture if you will, me at work, when this came on. Usually I drop into half-conciousness when the big ones hit, but it didn't happen that day. Painfully reminded of my surroundings, and trying to regain control the seizure had already gone too far. That bone of contention spread up and down my entire right side, and I did some dance steps too. The things that makes this the worst seizure yet is that I was conscious, and that it lasted 3 minutes; a lifetime to a person undergoing one of these. I felt like Dante looking into the "Inferno," while being attacked by thousands of thoughts a second. Every little thought re-surfaces, especially in that seizure. It's as if your brain is on serious overload. I shiver whenever I think back on it. I'll tell you one thing, my family has been so supportive, with my care, and my health requirements. This whole seizure career has taught me that family is first under God, and that's the way it's gonna stay for this young man.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments: