Flag Counter
free counters

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lazy S

What's in a name? I should be asking what's in a nickname, and what did the person do to earn said name? Well, my name was a little necesary, you see. It happened just after my first surgery. My head was all sewn back together with washable thread, but before that, they allowed my brothers in the room, unfortunately with a camera. They got me in the photo with the head stiches looking like what you might find on a baseball. My dad commented that my nickname should be "Zipperhead." The name's stuck, though I've sometimes shortened it to "Zippy." I even have my own ranch too... figuratively. The Lazy S on Exit 44 in Oklahoma going North on I-35 bears my symbol in white stones on the hillside. And what did I do to earn all this, you ask? Oh, I decided to have a little brain surgery.

No comments: