Flag Counter
free counters

Saturday, February 23, 2008

P= I + H

There's something that can be said for patience. We all hate it, deep down. That's our sin nature. But, as a Christian, I'm learning to prevail against all the things I can't do, because of my surgeries and seizures. I pray each day for strength to have patience to wait for my seizures to go away so I can drive, get a job, etc. I've also got a powerful enemy against despair: my imagination. I read books, I have more hobbies than you could count in a lifetime, including my favorite, ornithology. I talk to myself, and mimic the people I hear on tv (I'm actually very good at it). If I could be an animal, I would be a Mockingbird. See, there is a fun and wacky life outside the norm for those that wait for meds to work, or wounds to heal. I've even grown a full goatee, much to my brothers' chagrin. All you need to do is use your imagination and a sense of humor. I have uncontrolled seizures, so that means I am usually housebound except for the times I go on long walks, or there's outside work to be done. No matter what, patience, imagination, and a sense of humor will see you through.

No comments: