Flag Counter
free counters

Monday, February 4, 2008

Peace

When people see someone in a seizure, they automatically do one of two things: 1. Either they can help the best that they can, or 2. they can be scared and useless to the victim. For me, my seizures span the color chart, as it were. My family never knows what to expect out of me- seizure-wise. Once I fall victim to a seizure, below my ratings system of 4.5- 5+, I usually have a blackout period. This phenomenon is seen from the outside as my eyes rolling backwards, and my head slumping down on one of my shoulders. It' s quite peaceful really if you let your mind go, and don't try to hang on, (I can't really explain this, but you get the idea.) you will be a lot better rested and then in a position recover those thoughts that you lost. The blackout usually lasts (for me) anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes. I usually don't like my family to move me when I'm in that condition, because my shoulders are usually hunched up at that time as well, and it is VERY painful to move during one of those seizures. Anywho, I've obviously survived them, and I'm convinced that despite my medical history, nothin's gonna kill me until the Lord deems my time is up.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments: