Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Things I've Learned That I Can and Cannot Do

Most kids start learning how to drive at 15, and get their permit /licensce at 16- 18. At least I am told so. I've had to take the back seat to my younger brothers, learning to drive, plus do some other things that are a little dangerous for me right now. I am 20, and while I have been out for some brief driving lessons with my mom a few years ago, I still have to remember what the Bible says "All things are possible for me, yet all things are not possible for me to do." I'll never forget my first driving lesson, it was at a golf course. Seriously, I was 15, and it was the spring after my initial brain surgery. I was on a rappelling campout with my Boy Scout troop from Carrollton, in North Texas. It was the last day, Sunday, and on a whim, my dad let me drive. We also had a special passenger in the car, the Assistant Scoutmaster of the troop. He sat right behind my dad, and I sat in front of my little brother. Now, the camp was someways back in the woods, about three miles. Well, I drove the three miles without a hitch, but when my dad asked me to park in the lot, I did things a little backward, quite unintentionally. First, I punched down the accelerator to 30 mph, and ran into a rock at the back of the parking space. Three things happened: I had my first seizure at the wheel, I tore a hole in the radiator, and I pushed a 27 ft cubed rock backwards 6 inches. It is still there today. Well, we all made it home all right, though some of us not in the same vehicle. Oh, yes, and if you think I needed a motor to push that rock around, just wait and see what I can do with a full, industrial, paper recycler bin mono e' mono.

No comments: