Flag Counter
free counters

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Greatest Tackle I'll Ever Make

It was almost like yesterday, except it was 300 miles North and a year and a half ago. I was volunteering for this hospital where I was receiving therepy after my third surgery. I had gotten on great with the staff of the hospital, and was even down to a first name basis with some of them. I was there on an out- patient basis for almost eight months, but stayed on as a volunteer almost three extra months. Anyway, it was in these final months that I had one of my Goliath seizures. I was cramming some papers into an already full paper bin. The bin was heavy- duty plastic, and was at least 5'x 4'x 4'. I had already been feeling rather poorly that morning, but not what I was going to feel like in the near future. My seizure came on like ones that had come before, right shoulder jerking up, my teeth gnashing together. I lost control of my right leg, and half contiousness. It is in my nature to grab on to something and hold on to it for dear life when I'm like that. Apparently, that was the paper recycling bin. I just remember me on top of that bin, and the seizure was over. The people in the next room timed it at a minute and then some. Anyway, the paramedics were called, I took a short ride in an ambulance, my family was called, and the wound on my wrist healed. I stopped my job the next day, but how many days is it when a recycle tub gets knocked over? In my case, you don't want to know.

No comments: