Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Strange, but True!

Funny thing about brain surgeries, things don't go as expected. For example, I've had three, and none of the above have gone as planned. Take the third one. I remember laying in the Pre-Op room joking with my family. I was hooked up to an IV that was administering the anastesia, and I had just asked the surgeon to take pictures of the OR with his camara phone. Wait 'till he hears I deleated them by mistake! Anyhow, that's what I remember before surgery, but afterwards, just half an hour after I woke up, I was ready for a three course dinner. Of course, they don't serve that in the ICU, and my old room was being prepared for me in the Hotel Presby Hospital. I love the staff there in that wing. Earlier, with one of the staff, I ordered some pudding over the phone, and I pretended I was dying! The male nurse couldn't believe I had pulled that off, but naturally, yours trully, the Scrounger, did. I was becoming a real pro at brain surgery, as you might imagine. You could almost say it"s a hobby of mine.

No comments: