Flag Counter
free counters

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bad Medicine

Being on three seizure drugs at the same time is lousy. All the caffeine in the world is not going to do you any good if you accidently miss one of them. Not only do you keep odd hours, but the sleep you are unaware of is limited, maybe four or five hours, perhaps. This is what brings on the seizures for me, plus a thousand other related things. Also, the epilepsy drugs have a list of side effects. I've nearly tried them all, and they haven't worked, so this makes me an expert in doing absolutely nothing about my seizures. Did I mention the constant feelings of weakness? When you've been on a medley of drugs year in and year out, it does something to you. It makes you tire easily, and do things one step at a time, instead of many. I guess it is a good thing that I'm reminded of my weakness. Paul wrote in his Second Letter to the Corinthians that when he asked Jesus to remove his thorn, He replied, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Just keep that in mind the next time you want to complain about not getting there fast enough and before you know it, the job's done.

No comments: