Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Problem Solving Deluxe

I'm on the eve of the biggest thing I've ever pulled, all for 96 hours. No mom. No dad. 300 miles between us and them etc. To be honest, I 've grown closer to them, my family, in these two years I've been away than I have at any other time, but when it's time to go, and all that... I'm 21 for crying out loud, and I have three cold fronts headed my direction this week. It's a safe bet that the friend's house we're driving to is going to have several hard freezes. I hate to become a papoose in someone's car, but you do what you have to in order to see folks. Now it's up to the drivers. I'll be my middle brother's navigator while my younger brother leads outta' Houston. Now, you would think I was packing like there was no tommorrow, but all those "safety" items are now necessary. I can't just pick up and go as I did when I was a boy, but maybe, just maybe, those will not become "the norm." I'm not holding my breath, though I have put myself into the hands of my brothers. (I cringe at the thought)

No comments: