Flag Counter
free counters

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Denton Record- Chronicles: Day Three

Written: 1-16-09 (Third in a four- part series) Typed: 1-21-09

At last... sleep. The chance to sleepwalk, as I might very well do again like oh, so long ago when I first listened to the New World Symphony. After the 52nd rendition that was played out on my iRiver last night, I was barely awake to put it back in my pack. Dvorak's music kind of has that effect on you. It is down to earth-ish. But, sleep I did, and late, as well. 10' till 11 a.m. Once again, my brothers were out last night going to a friend's, brother's, girlfriend's party, or something like that. Then they came back, and went out again until 3 or 4 a.m. The chickens were still comatose, guys! Both hosts and my little brother are out early, doing I know not what, contrary to yesterday when they woke up at the crack of noon and nothing could budge them except a grappling hook and explosives. Instead, I was the last one up. I believe we're in for a quiet day. I called my other best friend's parents, and they invited me to dinner at 5:15 p.m.

It's 11 p.m. 10 minutes after I got back to my hosts home. We sure had a great time at my friend's house, even though he wasn't there. We spent most of the time talking over what had transpired since we had last seen each other. What have they been feeding those kids, Miracle Grow? They're so different! Guns, politics, school, scouts, hobbies were just the tip of the iceberg of subjects we discussed. I'm sure I'll come with more topics that I missed tomorrow when I can think with a clear head. The next to youngest dude surprised me the most. He's really grow up, and is smarter than I. He was solving a Rubix Cube every two minutes! I hear he plays chess too. I'd like to place him in a game against my middle brother. This family is one that I respect and like for several reasons: They're down-to-earth-people, not afraid to show who they are, and they truly home-school (not private-school like we get so often down here), and vote conscientously, rather than with the majority. The youngest girl, now 10, has grown the most. last time I saw her, she was at last four or more feet below me. I didn't even recognize the eldest, 18, (I put that in there specifically for you, R, if you're reading this) I spent 5 1/2 hours, and could have spent another just talking about old times, save for all of the phone calls I was receiving, and my brothers having to pull me outta' there, against my will, at 11 p.m. I got to take updated family photos and a photo of their family crest. Gotta' skeedaddle by noon tomorrow, so I best be turnin' in.

No comments: