Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Legal at Last

21. Not the card game, it's me. I'm legal at last. My birthday was yesterday, New Year's Eve. One of the nice customs about our family is that my brothers and I are all born on the 31st of a month, and my dad is born on the last day of his month. Go figure. We usually get to spend the whole day with our parents, since we don't have many close friends down here, starting with breakfast, and our choice of stores to go pick up gifts. On our way back from breakfast, we stopped at one craft store, and picked out a flag displayer. (Eagle Scout 9-16-04) The flag had been flown over Washington D.C. December 16 2004, I believe. We came home for a while because everyone was getting a little drowsy, but after an hour it was back at it. The next hit: Walmart. I went looking for a watch battery, and came out with a much simpler analog watch. While I was waiting in the checkout line, I saw a lady in front of me with a shirt on which the back read: The Good- Texas; The Bad- Oklahoma; and The Ugly- Texas AM. Naturally wearing my Sooner shirt at the time, I stepped up real close and began to put my items on the belt, and said, "I reckon I must be the bad." She looked kinda' dazed, but that's fine, it made my day. After that, we hit the model places, but there was not the right kind of model to be found, so I'll have to look online. It was late afternoon we made our last stop, a sports store, and we looked around for a few minutes, then it was back home to get my brothers to eat dinner out as a family (I really love that tradition) Afterwards, having two cars, one of my brothers took mom and I home (as I was getting tired. With all the meds you are on, you have to sacrifice some stamina) My other brother and my dad went to Walmart to pick up the items that needed refrigeration, aka: my birthday cheesecake etc. As soon as they came home, we all sat down to one of the new movies, cheesecake in hand of course. Staying up to midnight was no problem for us. As we frequently stay up to 2am, 12 was not a concern, although, what really was a problem were the fireworks going off across the street, and no, these were not the kind you fire in a 10- minute burst, but a 3 hr 15 min blast! Imagine having to listen Roman Candles, and every sort of firework that belongs in a sactioned display. I don't what was going on over there last night, but it was long and loud. Anyway, that was how we welcomed the new year in.

No comments: