Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Denton Record- Chronicles: Day Four

Written: 1-17-09 (Fourth in a four- part series) Typed: 1-22-09

The host's father (a crew advisor) woke us up from a very sound sleep at 8 p.m. and passed the word that we would be joining Venture Crew 1171 for breakfast. I did not know that they had apparently rented the whole Applebees restaurant out. The father bought our tickets in advance. The food was homemade, and the event was a fundraiser, probably for that trip to the Grand Canyon, that they told me about. If only Crew 1316 outta' Sugar Land could do that. I miss the excitement from Crew 1202, when we did high adventure activities all the time. My youngest brother spent the night at another friend's house, so we're picking him him up later today.
Check that. My brother's friend is bringing him here. We plan to leave out around noon, so we can get back to Houston before dark. It has been a bittersweet trip. Bitter, because things weren't remotely the same. I expected a little change, but this much in two years!? I'm reminded of a word that a long- lost friend made- up: sweetness. It perfectly describes the situation that I was in last night. That made the trip last night, getting to visit with some old friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times Ben! I am so glad I got to visit with all of ya'll once again!

Ben Jones said...

As was I, Mike. Mat is still out.