Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Hurricane Chronicles: Day Three

Written 9/15/08 (3rd in a 6-part series) Typed: 9/23/08

I slept in my bed for the first time since the hurricane. It was and cool up there. When I woke up the cool breeze had encircled the house. Good thing we had practiced having no electricity last year for two weeks due to some snafu with the electric company. No electricity yet, although on a day like today, we usually would turn off the AC anyway. Talked to some of my friends via cell phone, one of which was an elderly fellow patient that was in therapy with me in Denton. I like to consider her my adopted grandma, since I have lost both of mine. The other was a family that resided in my neighborhood. They were fine, by the way.

No comments: