Flag Counter
free counters

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Hurricane Chronicles: Day Four

Written: 9/16/08 (4th in a 6- part series) Typed: 9/24/08

No electicity YET! Ah, well, the cool weather is a blessing. I was thinking about the hurricane blogs last night. Anyway, I have two new books in a series to keep me company, and don't think that it was a co-incindence that I got both books before the storm. The radio has kept us distracted from the situation at hand with the Rush Limbaugh and Mike Gallagher shows. My mom and I are big talk radio fans... Just washed a reluctant Beagle, and she was more unhappy about it than usual. Sara, our pooch, led me on a merry chase out in the yard and inside the house. She did not want the B-A-T-H!!! Came back from a mile- long walk to see if I could find the energy- guy I saw earlier. The trip was a no-go for the electricity- dude, and yes to the excercise. Heard a weird story about Galveston lions, tigers, cattle, and penguins. The former three are loose on the island, and the latter have been rescued from the 58 degree water from the Moody Gardens.

No comments: