Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Hurricane Chronicles: Day Five

Written: 9/17/08 (5th in a 6- part series) Typed: 9/25/08

Five days and we are just now getting the death toll via radio, 48, so far. That's two states worth, both Texas and Louisiana. It's still cool, but will become humid by the weekend. Oh, and we STILL don't have power. Most of Houston is still without power, even though we've got thousands of electricians around here. A new book arrived in the mail yesterday. It's in chronological order with the other ones I've received. Five down, one to go, hopefully in the mail today. I've finally come up with a title for the sub- blog I'm going to create. I'm praying that we get the electricity back on before the humidity comes this weekend. On a related note, it is very infuriating to have a direct view of the sports complex right across the street, and to have bright lights blinding you at night. A sports complex of all things!!! Meanwhile, right across the street from the park, is a neighborhood without power!!! Maybe I could deal with it better if the lights weren't so bright or something along those lines. Meanwhile, our neighbors (the ones who had borrowed the tarp) are busy (I assume) nailing down roof tiles back on their domicile. CORRECTION. My neighbor is literally, "repairing some fences," as it were.

No comments: