Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Nov 19th

    Oklahoma day. For those of you that live in Rio Linda, that's the pot-looking state on top of Texas. It's 108 yrs. old today. Why should I care? I would care because I was born there, and without me, you wouldn't have these, "fantastic," notes to nibble on!
   Okay, enough with the history lesson. Current Events started 10a and it was on our agenda to determine our favorite previously picked-out four You Tube videos. The first was about this homeless man and son handing out food to the homeless, the second, about high school kids starting a lunch pantry for those that couldn't afford lunch, I can't remember the third, and peace de la resistance: a dog that dominated a wedding video. Guess which one I voted for?
   By the time 11 a.m. rolled around we were dismissed. We were told before to cancel our lunches, but the official word on that is that the kitchen was having phone trouble the latter half of the week. So I got served my chicken tenders, salad, baked chips, diet root beer, and two cookies. Seeing as it was protein and I was in a hurry, I finished off the tenders, ignored the salad, moved the chip bag under the table, and gobbled (seasonably appropriate) down the cookies. That left me the diet root beer which I took down to the cafeteria to see the gang.
   There were us four in number and I believe three in charge over us.  We were going to the Houston aquarium. 
   When we got there, we were dazzled by all sorts of fish in the tanks and reptiles plus amphibians! I linked the red, and black poison dart frog. The main attraction were three Siberian tigers in the back. A male and female made their appearance. Brother and sister.
   We left the aquarium much like we did that early afternoon, except we didn't have eight school busses waiting for kids to board. On the way back, Lorna? The driver turned on the radio, "Sun, here it comes," as it was a classic oldie, but then, when we went back to country music, the disc jockey decided to play, "Big Black Horse and the Cherry Tree."  - I had seen Robin Williams in "Man of the Year." I sung all the way back.
   I had an easy day of it, of course, SP had to come to me, PT was all I had to worry about, but that was okay by me; I turned out bushed.



No comments: