Flag Counter
free counters

Friday, May 2, 2008

Forgetting The Chain

It's nice to get away. You know, two hours out of seven days isn't that much to be asked, is it? I couldn't wait to go Monday evening, because that was when my Venture Crew was going to the movies. Now, I haven't been out with my contemporaries for nearly 2 1/2 years. Going on my own gave me some confidendence, and to forget the medical chain I have to wear around my neck. As the movie was in the late afternoon, and I couldn't get a ride, I called a friend of mine and asked if he could come me up. He said he would. When we got to the church, our meeting spot, we caravaned over to the theatre. We saw the documentary "Expelled" by Ben Stein. It has to do with Evolution being the accepted THEORY everywhere, and that there's no room for any other thought of how we got here. How professors and scientists for even mentioning "intelligent design" get fired. Anyway it was a great movie, and it had you look at specific people in a whole new light, then perhaps you saw them before. After the movie, it was off to the ice cream creamery. Now not being an officianoto of creameries, I thought I could just get a cone there, but no. I could not get one flavor, but had to have it blended. Oh, I guess the guy behind the counter didn't hear that I wanted it in a cone, and gave it me in a cup. Just for the better. Later, I found out that the cone cost more than the cup. I did manage to have a seizure, and that was in the opening of the movie, but the rest of the evening passed just fine. Did, I tell you I had to pay everyone in quarters. Imagine: over $11 in quarters for the ice cream, and the movie ticket. You know, 2 out of 168 hours is fine by me.

No comments: