Flag Counter
free counters

Friday, May 9, 2008

Freedom!

OK, I don't snore- badly. I recently had a sleep-study done on me, and I rather enjoyed it. Where else can you get your own queen- size bed, flat screen- tv, VCR- DVD combo, and bathroom? Oh, did I mention a good night's sleep away from the regular noise of home. Sure you're wired up worse than a Christmas tree, but I found a way around that, but look at the bright side, there were no needles! My techs were great conversationalists. We had a lot in common, including camping and fishing in several of the same state parks. It was 11:30PM before I turned in. (literally!) My mom was staying with me just in case I had some seizures, and couldn't advocate for myself. There was a mess of cords from mostly my head, and it took the techs about an hour to get me all hooked up. In bed, I had to undergo a communications test for them to watch me. All this is leading up to the fact that I have hypopneas. Hypopnea is a medical term for abnormally shallow breathing or slow respiratory rate. This differs from apneas in that there remains some flow of air. Translation: I don't breathe well at night. A second visit is definitely in the works to try a CPAP Machine to get me to breathe deeper. The end all result is that if I can sleep better, I'll have more energy, more energy helps with excercise, and I'll excercise all day. Hopefully, deeper sleep will evict some of the seizures that come from being tired, and I can finally regain some of my freedom!

No comments: