Flag Counter
free counters

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting Out

I've been at it for two weeks, now, therapy wise. The first week was swimming once a day, one time per week. This past week has been a little tougher on me seeing that not only did I have aquatic therapy, but "land therapy" as well. That's code for PT, OT, CT, and all the support groups that they offer to patients. I was assigned a case-worker that can keep track of all these activities. Just like at DRMC, I go from event to class, folder in hand 'till lunch. Being a dedicated outpatient building and not linked to a hospital in anyway, it does not have a cafeteria, so patients are encouraged to bring their own lunch. I know not if my mind is playing tricks on me, but I'm finding many similarities between the staff at DRMC and TIRR. Seven months living among some of Denton's finest tends to rub off on you, and I guess you start looking for those traits at other therapy places. I don't know why, maybe it's those people that gave you your start and you just hope to see some of them in others. I already have my first two weeks under my belt, so let's see what the future brings me!

I'M FINALLY GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!

No comments: