Flag Counter
free counters

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Tale of Four Elements Pt. 7 & Finale

Got an early start on the day. We picked up, packed up, and prepared to move out. After I came down from the loft (I will never do that again) I proceeded to have a Grand Mal seizure. Thank God that I was safely on the good ol' terra firma before I had it, because like most of them, I am unnaturally sensitive, and yes, I was conscious for this one. Each seizure is it's own individual world of hurt, and no two are the same. That's just the way it is. As soon as I was able (aka 20-30 min) I got back in the game and continued to help in packing up.
I barely got some oatmeal down my stomach and was able to stand, maybe walk, when dad was ready to get the truck and trailer, meaning I was to go with him and M.
Now, it's not a long ride into Livingston from the state park, it's just a matter of finding the Uhaul place. After 5-10 minutes of looking, we finally find the place, only there's no building. All I saw was a newly-built half modular building up on cinder blocks with no a/c which I could have really used then, because I was starting to get nauseated for some reason. My mom once told how she found I was so hot-natured (body-temp). In '88 my parents had a picture taken of them in period dress, holding me (also in costume). There was little to no breeze that day, and you can tell how happy I am because of the waterworks dripping from the costume. I had no a/c on me, plus, no breeze. In short, I hate being hot. I think that played a part into my nausea, but the rest of the players were my meds. It took dad 15 minutes to secure truck and trailer, but that didn't really matter at the moment. What mattered was if there was a was a trashcan I could upchuck in if I had to. Finally, we were outta' there, Dad and I in the truck, and M driving the van. I'm not fond of Matt driving anything but his Mustang. Safe to say, we got back in one piece, and yes, I kept my all of my cookies where they belonged.
This is where I might lose you. I felt like the presence of the two elderly women across the road, well, were not all they might have shown themselves to be. I as a Christian am steeped in the Bible, and I believe we might have been neighbors with guardian angels for a few days. I just have a gut feeling. Their timing was impeccable for the whole time we were there. Take this any which way you want. As for me, I think God was in that place the whole time, but that's just me.
Finally saw the National bird, the Bald Eagle. perched atop a 50 ft tree. And here was I thinkin' I was going to have to go all the way up to Alaska to see them.
We're out of the shelter ahead of time about 11:30ish-12p and on the road for good, having enjoyed each other's company about as much as we do at home, only we don't have too many electronics out here. That's what camping's all about. Whoops! Didn't pack something? Adapt. That's the name of the game. That's the fun in camping is when you get to adapt and change things when the presise instrument is out to lunch. How we beat all four elements is a miracle, but it took the whole family. In short IT WAS A TEAM EFFORT!!! THANKS GUYS!!!

No comments: