Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Tale of Four Elements Pt. 6

We had a brief breakfast to start day 6 of our expedition at Lake Livingston S.P. Dad, Dan, and Matt really needed to quicktime it on the repairs to that truck, but mom had traced out a pattern of the of one of the radiator's thingamabobs (yeah, flunked car anatomy 101, too). Really not trying to become permanent inhabitents of the park or notify our next of kin; we were just trying to enjoy our vacation, which is what led me take a shower after breakfast. As soon as this was done, I stepped outside the restrooms and I thought I saw a 'coon, only it wasn't. It had the body and colory of a long house cat, and tail of a raccoon. I haven't researched this creature yet, but with my inquisitive nature, you can be sure I will.
Ok. Car update. Filter failed. All we can think of at this time is a tow truck. Now the choice is logically Triple A, in fact, my mom gets all the through to the office in Livingston, but the call is cut off just in time for me to have an epiphany- Why not rent a small truck and trailer to get our things home? Boom! Instant success! Less expensive than a full-year plan. I couldn't help feelin' kinda' proud of myself, since everyone but yours truely had gotten involved with that truck, I finally jumped in at the last. I guess it was a "Family" campout after all. It all matters in how you look at it. I thought we were going up to the state park to relax, and yet, the opposite happened. Now we need a true vacation to recover from our last "vacation."
Heard what I thought was a Bald Eagle. Never have seen one live and in the wild before, so that inspired me to go on a picture exploration. Once again, another beautiful day.
When I got back, Dad was finally ready to go exploring. So I took my camara and dad drove us to the far end of the park, exploring some nature trails, and the marina on the way. This was a unique park in that it did "horse hikes." They were seasonal of course, and shut down at the moment, but we found a really nice campground there, too.
On our return, I promptly sat down to a idyllic scene out back on the "porch" picnic table. I sat there and read for about an hour when dad built another fire and starting the coals for the dutch ovens. I insisted that we have dinner outside on our final night. That, like all of the sunsets, were individual, and one-of-a-kind, and naturally, I couldn't resist it. It was nice, sitting down with my family by a roaring campfire with a good meal fighting off the biting cold. About 10p. we finally turned in after several rounds of Chickenfoot. (You may have noticed that's our favorite family game on campouts- That's just a rumor started by a constant winner at the game.)

No comments: