Flag Counter
free counters

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Tale of Four Elements Pt. 5

Another late start again, while the neighbors begin to leave, one by one. Apparently they were going to take their Sunday getting back to where they belonged, while we were still stuck. We had brunchfast late again, typical for home. I don't what got into M, but he began to cook chicken for breakfast, and all I know is that some of it made it's way on to the shelter floor. Needless to say, the vacuum cleaner (Sara) did the honors. Did I mention that chicken was raw? Well, that dog erupted 10 minutes later. That little episode lasted about an hour. She eventually settled down, but she doesn't have the brains God gave a goose when it comes to food. She's a Beagle alright, but all she'll hunt are our plates and our food. Very intelligent, even nicknamed her "Nanna" after the dog in Peter Pan but Sara is just not a hunter, unless it's a squirrel, and then, hold your ears.
D's car a work in progress. He, Dad, and I run into Livingston to get parts for the truck at Auto Zone, Wal-Mart, and Lowe's. In the parking lot at Wallyworld, I see my dreamcar: an '84 red Corvette. Needless to say, I got a lot of good shots of it!
On our return to the shelter, Dad announced that all work (fixing the Ford) was going to stop for the day, but needed mom to do one final thing: cut out the gasket material out since she's got a talent for working with her fingers
I wound up spying a red-admiral butterfly. Check that. I saw at least a dozen swooping in and out of those trees. I stood, dumbfounded, for the first time, getting to see my favorite butterflies take flight. If you're a nature lover, you'll understand my excitement when you're surrounded by them. I was six when I picked up my first insect guide, now here I am at nearly 22, and I finally have caught up to them at last!
The day ended with a real campfire (no, no propane. Eagle built. Eagle strong.) Fact is, we had that sucker burnin' well before sundown, and had we wanted it too, could've burned well in to the morning. At nine p.m. or so, we all went inside to play everybody's favorite game, Chickenfoot.

No comments: