Flag Counter
free counters

Sunday, May 27, 2012

    Stroking Out (Literally)  (Pt 3)

There's some pretty interesting staff there. Both nurses and doctors have some pretty different 'tudes. Their's a nurse that does your dirty work (I think you know what I mean) for you, gives you sponge bathes and chair baths and afterwards manage to carry on funny conversation each time she showered me, even through  my shower. We were constantly cracking each other up and  humor feeds humor! That nurses's name is Chandra.   There's a chief nurse that has a shift Sunday and Monday that smothers you with kindness. I once asked her she didn't go to church on her off Sundays. Her reply: 'This is my church,.... Giving help to the sick." I thought that was pretty good answer. Her name was Betty, and she treated you like one of her own.   And then's there the nurse who woke me. Big mistake. I don't do mornings, and that goes double for Mondays. Tracy had to fight me tooth and nail, even down to the last pillow to get me  out of bed. If mom hadn't interceded, we'd probably still  be there now. I'm not blowing smoke here, folks.     Then there's the  "Pill Fairy." She took care of my medicines and tracked me down we for those appointments and she was pretty good at it. She had a nice demeanor, and kind of looked like my aunt, at least to me, and she was named, Rebecca.     As for the intern, her name was Rachael and she was from Venezuela. She brought me some of her mom's Argentinean chocolate (and boy, is it different from our stuff!) She just came in the first few days of the week on the night shift, and her soft accent made her a welcome visitor in my room.    So those were the major players, nursing wise. I'd like to thank all of the nurses and staff at the TIRR hospital. I'll introduce you to my therapists in my next post.       

No comments: