Flag Counter
free counters

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

  Stroking Out (Literally)  (Pt 1)

   Well, you know it had to happen eventually. I stroked out in the literal sense. Being a champion of over 16,000 seizures in 10 years, you just had to  know that something or other was going to spill over into the  rest of the brain. It was bound my head had to miss a day of work without warning.    Yes I had a stroke. After my visit with the neurologist,  he found out that he  hasn't run an MRI on me in two years, so he ordered one. Boy, if only he knew the mess he was getting into!    So the MRI was over, and we were in the parking garage trying to fix a broken jeep. We gave that car a thorough physical, and finally deduced that the fuses must be at fault. So, my dad unhooked the fuse, cleaned it off,  and re-installed it. Miracle of miracles, it worked! The jeep had been having problems to that date, but that was the most inconvenient. Turned out, it wasn't the only time the fuses would conk out. 3/4 of the way home, something went out In that motor again. Not knowing what was wrong THIS time, we had to pull over onto a street in a business district, push the car most of the way up said street, and into a companies' parking lot. All this was after I was informed via cell phone that I had had a minor stroke.    We were picked up by my brother and he took dad and I to the Memorial Sugar Land Hospital emergency room. After filling out the necessary forms, we sat down again, and a few hours later, we were called back into one of the rooms. Now, if only we knew how late it was that I would get a room at the inn, as it were. It was afternoon when I got the call  about the problem, early evening at the hospital when I  was called back at the emergency room, and 9pm when I finally got dinner; a sandwich and chips plus an apple. I really don't remember much after that except that I finally got a room- very late in the night. 

No comments: