Flag Counter
free counters

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Early Retirement

Ever feel like life is passing you by while you're stuck in front of a red light or a lightpole? Take your pick. They're both the same. Well, that's the way I feel in this tropical nightmare, Houston. Sure, it's fine for the quick commute to the beach, and for the necessary jobs that we have, but what elae? Our social life was 300 miles North of us, but since then, all of our friends have moved on. I expected as much, but we (my family and I) expected to do it with them, and not rely on Facebook to do it for us. Instead, we have become strangers in a strange land, to quote the Bible. We don't have many friends down here, and we feel detached from the ones we made up there. For example: One is married now,and one to be married a few days from now. Another one has had a baby only four days ago, and she was giving me and a friend dancing lessons only three years ago. Makes me feel old. Tempest really does Fugit when you're busy, and that's what I've tried to be, but I'm also keenly aware of what I'm missing in the amount of old and new friends. I know this is a touchy-feely post, but it has to get put down in one way or another.

No comments: