Flag Counter
free counters

Monday, April 20, 2009

Texas T

Well, it's been a first for me too. I attended my first tea party, and peaceful protest all in one setting. I finally got fed up with all of the liberal lunacy, and attempted to vent my frustration in the right place, instead of on my family. 1300- 1500 similar parties happened nationwide, usually at the city hall, and state capitol buildings. 2,000 was the minimum crowd occupancy; in the bigger cities, it was more like 24,000 apiece, or somewhere around there. This party consisted of bands, snacks, handouts, and a lot of speeches. Even had the channel 2 news chopper out there for going on 10 minutes, plus we heard the Railroad Commissioner of Texas, and a few other notables. In short, every area of concern for us was spoken about (13 speakers, 2-3 minutes apiece; you do the math.) My brother and I got there early, and stayed through the last speaker. There were a lot of signs, and I was no exception. Being an Eagle Scout, I displayed part of the Scout Oath, the part about God and MY country. The fun broke up about 2 1/2 hours later, when the sun went down. You know, nearly every day, after listening to the radio (Limbaugh etc.) I wanted to punch something out. Still do. True to form, when I got home, I had a huge, honkin' seizure, from which I didn't recover for an hour and a half. Teaches me to do anything about politics physically again, but I usually don't take orders from my body.
You talk about people who needed to be shaken up body and limb, it's those liberals; they're stupid gone crazy! Can't they see the transparency of Barry? Yet the flock to him, like nails to a magnet. I needed an outlet to take my frustration out on, and the protest/ tea party on tax day was it; like oil bursting forth from the ground.
"...and up from the ground comes this bubblin' crude
Black gold, Texas T..."- The Beverly Hillbillies

No comments: