Flag Counter
free counters

Thursday, August 14, 2008

As the Washer Turns

Turns out my mom got a new washer and drier yesterday. Now, that, folks, reminds me of a five- paragragh essay I wrote two years ago. It describes how my seizures relate to the actions of a washer going through the motions of cleaning clothes. It's funny, the timing. Last night, I also had a Grand Mal. The essay is entitled "As the Washer Turns"

As the Washer Turns

The brain is the body’s most important organ, seeing as it is the command center for the human form. A specific interruption in the brain is called a seizure, and having them changes your life. Imagine, if you will, a giant washing machine at rest and empty; this is an epileptic on medication that is controlling the seizures he is having. Now picture again, a full washing machine; this is the epileptic that will have a seizure in the near future, and is on medication that is not working for them the way the neurologists wanted. Witness with me what happens when that washing machine is loaded to the maximum, washed and spun; more than likely it’s going to spin off balance, making a terrible noise. This is the epileptic having a seizure. All of this commotion within the body throws the brain into shock and causes it to feel no pain----at least for a while.

Kind of throws you for a loop, eh? The reason I'm blogging about this is that the washer and dryer gave me a good excuse to mention it. Oh, yeah. That washer won't be giving us any trouble, and neither will that loud dryer which I love to hate. Those men that brought us the new machines, they took those away to the big scrap yard in the sky.

No comments: