Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

WADA Test

I have finally, finally, just been through the WADA test, and I was conscious for all of it. I can't tell you how painful that was before a general anestedic was administered through one of my femoral veins. It was my job to remember what my neurologist (short time) had shown me. So before I left the room, he walked me through the test and he showed me a list of things, cleared them off, put them with others, and asked me which ones I had seen before.
   So I'm finally in surgery (and it isn't pretty in the surgery room, conscious) with a makeshift view screener and someone working on my groin with a razor since I'm part Bigfoot, and an Oriental Rug. Now imagine, if you will, a tube going right into your femoral artery (Ouch!!!) then proceeding up your artery (Grrrrr!!!) That's about when the pain killer kicks in for say-oh 30 seconds (Ahhh!!!) And then the neuro-doc steps in. 'Do you remember the objects that were presented in (your) room?' I nailed it!  Then it was over. The live procedure was over.
    You could not find a happier patient with seizures or w/o seizures than I. I was wheeled in my bed to my room in the EMU Rm 2. and promptly crashed

No comments: