Flag Counter
free counters

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Anticipation


   It's Mother's Day '14, and Thursday, we shove off for New Orleans. It's a six- hour journey from Houston to the Bowl City. So, what business do we have The Big Easy? Simple. Mom has a quilling guild she belongs to, and they have an annual meet somewhere in the U.S. This one just happened to be in New Orleans.
   Mom is working her fanny off in order to make the deadline, and dad's giving his all, doing chores, mowing the lawn etc, etc... As for me, I'm falling all over the place, so I stay glued to my chair, or my walker,
   I've also got my hobbies to keep me busy. The Rubix Cube, Assembly Line models, Audubon's bird copying coloring books, beading, and weaving braclets. Of course, there's also my huge music collection on Itunes - Classical musical, and classic rock. I could set up a radio station right here in Houston!
    Well, there's work to be done, rides to be taken, and scenery to be explored all in four days. I'm going to use a micro-cassette recorder to record everything interesting so I don't miss much of anything since I've got the memory the size of a hair on the hind leg of a flea.
   So hang on, and I hope to get back to you soon.

No comments: