Flag Counter
free counters

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Nanny

Sara. Beagle. Dog. Caninus Tinkerbellus. What can I say? Cute, cuddly, and loyal... only if there's food involved. There is something about her, though. She is kind of the nanny we didn't have. Picture Nanna from the animated "Peter Pan." She sleeps with us, eats with us, walks us (or we walk her, I get confuserated on that issue) and crys when we fight. She even checks on us close to every hour, upstairs when she's not raiding trash cans, and pillaging (begging) for our scraps from our meals. Still, I would not trade that dog for anything. Once or twice, when I was having a Grand Mal seizure, in the middle of my illustrious career, now at about 1600, she curled up beside me. Can you ask anything more from man's best friend? I can't think of anything better than that. She also comforts me when I feel low (often due to medicine dosage errors) and she loves food games; Frito fetch is very in right now. She loves it when my brothers and my mom join in the game. I love to brush her every day, as a way to take a break from school. She makes me look bad with all the fur she sheds everyday. Sometimes, when I'm very tired during the week, I take about an hour's worth of a nap (1-2 times per wk) At times, she'll come into my room, and take a snooze with me. She's definately a hound all right. You can tell by the way she'll sleep all day, eat scraps, beg, and then at night, go outside, and run up and down our backyard, howling, of course. It's hard to stay mad at her, brown eyes and all. That paint-brush of a tail doesn't help either. She doesn't contribute to the family kitty (money, not feline), and definately is afraid of her own shadow, but we love her anyway, and besides, she is our nanny.


No comments: